WordPress Development Manager
LLT is actively searching for a WordPress Development Manager to join our team. Knowledge of WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS is a must. We are looking for expert talent to lead the successful development of WordPress websites while keeping in mind industry best practices, and creating processes to maintain quality. You will be working hand-in-hand with project teams comprised of designers, other developers and project and account managers.
The WordPress Development Manager will oversee the development of all WordPress websites and execute confidently and effectively complex and custom UX designs themselves. Currently, we rely on development partners, however over time, this individual will curate a team of WordPress developers.
This person will head up the WordPress development division and be responsible for project allocation based on requested skillset, working with strategic teams on process initiatives and continually push the envelope when it comes to technical languages and best practices.
We are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, someone who is looking for more autonomy and impact within an agency setting. Someone who is willing to evolve the WordPress development division within LLT into a powerhouse of clean, efficient and user-centric code. Someone who can be our go-to expert for resolving the variety of situations and questions that come up in practice.
HOW WE DEVELOP WORDPRESS SITES
We custom design each site in-house using Sketch or Illustrator. These designs are then applied the WordPress CMS to best fit the editing and content needs of the client (knowledge of Zeplin a plus). We build with intention and a client-focus to ensure the product we deliver can easily be managed by the client long term.
This means that we are looking for someone that can leverage their experience, incorporate industry best practices while also exercising creativity in building systems.
Ideal Technical Experience:
- CSS & SCSS
- JS & jQuery
- Chrome Dev Tools
- WordPress Specific:
- WordPress Core
- Developing and Deploying Completely Custom Themes (that means no plugins and no themes…even starter themes)
- Hooks, Actions & Filters
- Able to Develop Custom Plugins
- Local WordPress Environment
- Evolving and creating efficiencies in our WP development practices
- Evolving Quality Assurance processes
- Communicating and managing vendors to mitigate development, support and quality assurance issues
- Setting standards for communication around project development requirements both internally and with clients
- Setting and enforcing standards on how feature additions/updates occur on WordPress sites
- The internal “point person” for all WordPress related development work
- Mitigating discrepancies between project scope during the sales cycle, and post-signing
- Audit and manage WP Engine hosted websites, log-ins, access, security
- Enforce development, quality and support standards across all projects and teams.
- Manage our support and hosting partners and detail a process and plan for client-facing communication.