Proposal Writer (Remote Available)
LLT Group is seeking a Proposal Writer with a strong written and creative acumen to work closely with our Sales & Marketing teams in developing winning proposals and presentations. The Proposal Writer’s main responsibility will be to translate LLT Group’s solution and value proposition into written, professional presentation materials for current and prospective clients.
Proposals will center around web design, development and marketing solutions for clients. They will include informal ‘basic’ proposals and RFP submissions.
- Work with colleagues in marketing and sales, principals, and senior staff to design, write, and produce proposals and presentations.
- Attend solution planning meetings and translate solutions into easily communicable and compelling materials.
- Create customized, competitive proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposals (RFPs), attending strategy meetings and conducting market research.
- Develop and own the proposal management process for both RFPs and proactive proposals.
- Construct, organize and own library of templated proposal sections and RFP answers, updating regularly as content evolves.
- Meet proposal timelines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; and transmitting proposals.
- Coordinate printing and shipping of proposals if necessary.
- Develop proposal by assembling key information – including project nature, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing and budget – and writing, revising and editing drafts – including executive summaries, conclusions and credentials.
- Maintain brand standards and quality content by constructing and using templates; following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency and tone; and maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Evaluate and redesign processes, approach, coordination and boilerplate; implementing changes that constantly improve proposals.
- Accept ownership for new and different responsibilities as business priorities shift, exploring and building opportunities to add value.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, communications, or related field
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in creating proposals
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and PandaDoc a plus
- A creative eye for layout and typography is a plus
- Strong detail-orientation
- Ability to produce effective visual solutions in response to complex requests for information
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong writing and editing skills
Compensation: Based compensation of $35,000 to $45,000 based on experience. Commission/bonus incentives are available.
Remote work available.